I have had the TILT with at&t for about a week now. I have to say this is the best phone I have used to date. Here are some highlights of why I like this device..
1. Its sleek and visually cool looking, coloring is modern and glossy.
2. The weight of the phone is indicative of being well built, it feels sturdy and tough.
3. It has plenty of onboard memory; you can customize the device, install apps and have plenty of onboard memory left without the need of a storage card.
4. Onboard GPS radio is neat; this is my first phone with true onboard GPS. A perk is that both Google maps and windows live search work with the onboard GPS radio for free.
5. The speed of this device to a data network is amazing. Over HSDPA I can download at nearly 1mbps which is not bad, although this connection is theoretically capable of much faster sped, but it’s still way better than EDGE!
6. You can use this device as a wireless modem, so when you travel or go somewhere that doesn’t offer free internet access, you can connect over Bluetooth to a laptop and get on the internet for free using your phone’s data plan.
7. Windows mobile 6 pro seems much more stable and visually attractive.
8. Battery life is not bad, in one day I am only using less than 50% of the battery with normal to light usage.
9. You can be on the phone and receive e-mail and use the data connection at the same time. No longer does using the phone disable all other radios on the device. You can now get important e-mail while talking on the phone.
10. Mobility! I can browse the web, make a blog post, track my position with GPS, take pictures, connect to wifi, use bluetooth devices, conect to VPN, run Citrix applications and sooooo much more, all while on the go.
There is more I will post about this device later, but those are the main points…
Friday was the day, our wii arrived via USPS. I got home from work and began the setup around 6 or 6:30pm. I had it up and running in no time, it was easy to connect, and was just the right size to fit stanging on its side in my entertainment center.
We had some friends over and played for a while and then watched some Star Trek episodes. After they left, Liz and I played some more and stayed up until about 2am playing around on it.
Saturday, we played a lot and almost wore it out. We had gotten our mii characters transferred from another console where we had already created them, but found we couldn’t edit them on our console. So I got some software online that let me connect my remotes to my PC via bluetooth and I was able to edit our mii characters and fix them so that we could edit them on our console. The only problem is that this process overwrote our existing stats, so it wiped our slate clean, and we had to start over with the records for each mii, which is no big deal, but we had some pretty good scores on there!
Sarah is very good at many of the sports games. Although we don’t have two controllers yet, so we are swapping in 2 player games. Once we get a second controller, it will be much easier. I also want to get some better games, such as Transformers and Fastastic 4.
I walked in the door on Friday evening just an hour or so before we were supposed to have company. I was all set to start working on dinner and get things ready for our company. Not a few minutes after walking through the door, I start heading loud crying from Sarah. She came walking out of the hallway with her hand over her mouth. She removed her hand from her mouth and I was instantly terrified to see her hand covered in blood. I scooped her up and and tried to see what had happened, it took a while to get the whole story out of them. What happened is they were fighting over something, Sarah leaned over Abby’s head (guess Abby was sitting) and Abby made a sudden move upwards with her head and busted Sarah in the chin. She has a lose tooth in the front and I guess it hit just so to damage her gums around that lose tooth and made it bleed. It only bled for a few minutes and then it was over, but wow that was a stressful way to start off our weekend.