For Christmas this year I got a new 600W Power supply for my main computer at home. It’s so much better than the other one and makes much less noise. There is also no more ripple sound effect that the previous one had. I did however take the old power supply and rig it into my multimedia computer as the power supply I had for it was malfunctioning. So now both computers have the juice they need and are working good.
Some days around 4pm I get a traffic alert from my local news organization. Usually its reporting accidents. Sometimes they just like to tease me by sending me alerts like this one below:
3:58 PM 10/25/07, MALFUNCTION JUNCTION, Traffic flowing freely
One thing is almost certain, that when I drive through “Malfunction Junction” it won’t have any free flowing traffic problems. 🙂
Ok, this is kind of embarrasing, but here we go. On Friday or so Liz and I noticed that the light on our ceiling fan in the living room was really dim. It was not normally this dim and nothing we tried seemed to help. I swapped light bulbs and took the cover off trying to find out why it was so dim. I finally resorted to the hunter website to try to track down the problem. I could not find my model on their site at first, so I submitted a support request via e-mail. Later I finally found our model on their website and was able to download the user guide. I read through it and found that the fan has a dimmer switch built into the remote. You have to press and hold the light power button and keep the buttom depressed, when you do this the light will cycle through its various brightness levels. What must have happened is the buttom got pressed long enough to dim the light while the remote was in a pocket or got sat on. So we thought something was wrong, but nothing was actually wrong, we were just ignorant of the features of the remote. Fortunately my support request to Hunter never went far enough for someone to actually tell me how stupid I was. I’m also glad I didn’t decice to take the fan apart or bring it down off the ceiling trying to do my own troubleshooting!
Looks like my work shoes just bit the dust. I knelt down on the floor to work on something and heard a rip. I was pleased to find that it was NOT my pants that had ripped, but my shoes. The leathre is separating from the sole. Looks like I’ll be making a stop by a shoe store on my way home today. Hope these hold out just a few more hours!