review – at&t TILT
I have had the TILT with at&t for about a week now. I have to say this is the best phone I have used to date. Here are some highlights of why I like this device..
1. Its sleek and visually cool looking, coloring is modern and glossy.
2. The weight of the phone is indicative of being well built, it feels sturdy and tough.
3. It has plenty of onboard memory; you can customize the device, install apps and have plenty of onboard memory left without the need of a storage card.
4. Onboard GPS radio is neat; this is my first phone with true onboard GPS. A perk is that both Google maps and windows live search work with the onboard GPS radio for free.
5. The speed of this device to a data network is amazing. Over HSDPA I can download at nearly 1mbps which is not bad, although this connection is theoretically capable of much faster sped, but it’s still way better than EDGE!
6. You can use this device as a wireless modem, so when you travel or go somewhere that doesn’t offer free internet access, you can connect over Bluetooth to a laptop and get on the internet for free using your phone’s data plan.
7. Windows mobile 6 pro seems much more stable and visually attractive.
8. Battery life is not bad, in one day I am only using less than 50% of the battery with normal to light usage.
9. You can be on the phone and receive e-mail and use the data connection at the same time. No longer does using the phone disable all other radios on the device. You can now get important e-mail while talking on the phone.
10. Mobility! I can browse the web, make a blog post, track my position with GPS, take pictures, connect to wifi, use bluetooth devices, conect to VPN, run Citrix applications and sooooo much more, all while on the go.
There is more I will post about this device later, but those are the main points…
Posted on October 21, 2007, in Products I use, Professional/Tech and tagged amazing, at&t, blog, car, data, download, e-mail, free, Google, internet, LAN, life, loss, memory, Mobile, network, phone, review, sing, tilt, time, tooth, travel, web, windows. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on review – at&t TILT.